Monday, September 29, 2008

It`s been a few weeks,since i`ve been searching for a book called 'The Rose That Grew from Concrete'

The poems are written by the late rapper Tupac when he was 17 years old..there were about 71 poems combined together..i cant find it in Best Eastern :( oh well,if you cant find it there..then i guess theres no way you can find it in other book stores in brunei :s

I manage to find some of his poems online..a samples of it...

In the event of my Demise by Tupac

In the event of my Demise
when my heart can beat no more
I Hope I Die For A Principle
or A Belief that I had Lived 4
I will die Before My Time
Because I feel the shadow's Depth
so much I wanted 2 accomplish
before I reached my Death
I have come 2 grips with the possibility
and wiped the last tear from My eyes
I Loved All who were Positive
In the event of my Demise

I Cry by Tupac

Sometimes when I'm alone
I Cry,
Cause I am on my own.
The tears I cry are bitter and warm.
They flow with life but take no form
I Cry because my heart is torn.
I find it difficult to carry on.
If I had an ear to confiding,
I would cry among my treasured friend,
but who do you know that stops that long,
to help another carry on.
The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.
Then to stop and see what makes one cry,
so painful and sad.
And sometimes...
I Cry
and no one cares about why.

The Rose That Grew From Concrete by Tupac

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

And Tomorrow by Tupac

Today is filled with anger, fueled with hidden hate.
Scared of being outkast, afraid of common fate.
Today is build on tragedies which no one want's to face.
Nightmares to humanity and morally disgraced.
Tonight is filled with Rage, violence in the air.
Children bred with ruthlessness cause no one at home cares.
Tonight I lay my head down but the pressure never stops,
knowing that my sanity content when I'm droped.
But tomorrow I see change, a chance to build a new,
build on spirit intent of heart and ideas based on truth.
Tomorrow I wake with second wind and strong because of pride.
I know I fought with all my heart to keep the dream alive.

Fallen Star by Tupac

They could never understand
what u set out 2 do
instead they chose 2
ridicule u
when u got weak
they loved the sight
of your dimming
and flickering starlight
How could they understand what was so intricate
2 be loved by so many, so intimate
they wanted 2 c your lifeless corpse
this way u could not alter the course
of ignorance that they have set
2 make my people forget
what they have done for much 2 long
2 just forget and carry on
I had loved u forever because of who u r
and now I mourn our fallen star

A young heart with an old soul by Tupac

How can there be peace?
How can I be in the depths of solitude
When there are two inside of me?
This duo in me causes the perfect opportunity
To learn and live twice as fast
As those who accept simplicity...

Ambition over Adversity by Tupac

Take ones adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth

In The Depths of Solitude by Tupac

A young heart with an old soul
How can there be peace?
How can I be in the depths of solitude
When there are two inside of me?
This duo in me causes the perfect opportunity
To learn and live twice as fast
As those who accept simplicity...

Can You See the Pride In the Panther by Tupac

Can You See the Pride In the Panther
As he grows in splendor and grace
Topling obstacles placed in the way,
of the progression of his race.
Can You See the Pride In the Panther
as she nurtures her young all alone
The seed must grow regardless
of the fact that it is planted in stone.
Can You See the Pride In the Panthers
as they unify as one.
The flower blooms with brilliance,
and outshines the rays of the sun.


If you are down with him,you`ll get the idea of his true-st thoughts and feeling...just close your eyes and pictured what he painted for you..I CRY,was the one that captured my attention.i felt what he was trying to share with me,although i cant fully fell his pain..it aint easy standing strong,when you feel like the whole world has turn its back on you..your alone and you have no one to turn to..CHECK this link,it`s a lyric called 'Thugz Mansion' in there..if u see clearly..there are a few people he mentioned such as 'Marvin Gaye,Jackie Wilson,Sam Cook,Billie Holiday and Malcom' the first 4 are great singers..i would have never know them if i didnt look at his lyrics.. and Malcom is someone who fight for his own community.. so yea..i`ll stop here. scared that u might get bored lol..

No comments: